School Climate Training
The School Climate Conference is proud to work with so many experienced trainers, researchers and practitioners to facilitate the School Climate Conference training. Our training partners are a diverse cross section of experienced educators, law enforcement officials, after school program specialist, tribal youth program developers and school district administrators.
The trainings the make up the School Climate Conference Training Series are a result of extensive research and experience from our training and conference partners.
All trainings can be done at a school site or community agency. Contact the School Climate Conference offices for pricing and logistics.
If you are a trainer and would like to become part of the School Climate Conference Training Series, please fill out our Trainer Application form.
If you have any questions about the Training Series or a specific training being implemented, please contact our office - firstname.lastname@example.org .
Strategies to Build, Measure, and Plan for School Climate and Student Engagement
This training will go beyond building capacity, as it will equip school site staff with practical tools to develop consistent plans that assess, address and manage School Climate and Student Engagement. Participants will learn proven strategies that align with the LCAP priorities that require schools to implement and measure activities that increase student engagement and build a positive school climate for all students. Participants will learn (YPAR) Youth-Led Participatory Action Research strategies that seek to engage youth leaders in the process of data collection and action planning. This training is a must for LCAP committees and PBIS/MTSS Teams!
Training Topics Include:
- Target core campus issues impacting School Climate, using data to track and monitor progress
- Trend local behavior utilizing the Direction Survey and Resource Database
- Develop accountability plans that seek to build measurable student engagement and a positive school climate
- Develop a calendar of activities that engage students, staff and parents in meaningful participation and measure how activity implementation impacts school climate.
PLUS Program Certified Trainer Course
The PLUS Program training focuses on how to build a researched based peer-to-peer program that focuses on universal interventions on a campus. Participants will learn how to:
- Target core campus issues impacting School Climate, using data to track and monitor progress.
- Trend local behavior with unlimited access to the Direction Survey and Resource Database.
- Develop a peer-to-peer program to increase student engagement and peer connections.
- Align Program Development with district accountability plans Learn how to use a set of activities and data gathering tools to find Qualitative and Quantitative data to drive decision making process
San Diego, CA -Spring 2018
Data Development - Find your Direction!
Direction Survey has revolutionized how schools are able to measure school climate and student engagement. Direction Survey has been developed to simplify the LCAP process, strengthen PBIS plans, and lessen the workload for school administrators responsible for gathering data.
Upon Completion of the Training:
- Gain access to Direction Survey
- Identify significant disproportionate data using online reports
- Tailor survey development to meet the local needs of the school community you serve
- Use planning tools to accurately address Local Control Accountability Planning needs based on data analytics
- Cross analyze comparison data to local, regional, state, and national norms
- Immediate comparison analysis of student subgroups and their school experiences